Monday 12 April 2010

Happy Birthday, BrightBlue!


BrightBlue Marketing, Inc. turned 5 last week. I spoke with Candace about how she achieved this milestone, the secrets of our success and what the future holds.

When did you start thinking of starting your own company?
January, 2005. After I left Oracle, I kept getting contract work. My former boss at Oracle recommended I start my own company. I suggest one does not start a company unless you know for sure you have a couple of customers wanting your services!


Tell me the story of how you came up with the BrightBlue name
I’d worked in the corporate world long enough to know that I wanted a name that reflected something very positive, creative and also reflected a bit about what the company does. I also liked the idea of having a color in the name of my company.

Walking my dogs on a clear day with a very blue sky, the word “blue” popped into my head. I liked how Blue pertains to technology, a la IBM and how Bright has a double meaning: intelligence AND illumination. And I liked how both words worked together with “Marketing” to make clear what the company would offer.


What makes BrightBlue different and successful?
What makes us successful? A staff that naturally goes above and beyond to help people. Our clients see that we truly care about them, and that we will always give a little extra in our efforts to help them grow their business.


What makes us different? Our objective to remain innovative in the marketing techniques we practice.

We offer a Virtual Chief Marketing Officer (VCMO) model. Unlike most companies, we not only offer the strategic guidance to help companies without marketing departments, but we tie in an execution team that makes these strategic ideas happen.


On April 6, 2005, you had a team of 1: you. On April 6, 2010, we have a team of 23. Where do you see BrightBlue on April 6, 2015?
I see BrightBlue as as the go-to partner for technology companies without a marketing department who are ready to grow to the next level. We will continue to grow and expand, while always ensuring that our team continues to be the best of the best!

No comments: