Monday 18 October 2010

The Fine Art of Organization

The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.
— Stephen R. Covey

I am a firm believer in organization. I’m quite sure that I wouldn’t make it through a single day without it. My planner is my lifeline, my compass, my guide. The lists, the prioritization, the checkmarks, I can’t be without them! Now, while I realize there are probably 100 or more different ways to keep a planner these days; whether on your phone, or your email program, or your iPad; modern technology offers a vast array of ways to stay organized. I, however, am still “Old School”. I have my handy Franklin Covey planner binder at my side at all times, even on my nightstand at night. I make lists, I make notes, I add post-its, I use different colored pens, whatever I can. And, having long been one who’s daily life depends on her list, I have to say, the satisfaction of having those lists, then crossing items off as the day goes by-to have that concrete evidence of accomplishment-there’s no better motivator!!

So, for those of you who are Old School like me, as well as those who are more inclined towards modern technology, I recently discovered a treasure chest of resources on the franklincovey.com. Did you know, that on the Franklin Covey web site, there is huge library of free resources available, from the ‘Quote of the Week’ to Podcasts & Webcasts, Mission Statement Builders, Stress Assessments, and much more?

There are articles and podcasts on the site such as:
• E-learning and Sales Training
• 16 Reasons to Break the Rules on RFPs
• How to Become a Trusted Business Advisor
• Intent counts More Than Technique
• Helping Clients Succeed
• Resources, Time, Money and People

So, take a minute to go to http://www.franklincovey.com/tc/resources, bookmark the site, and take a look when you have a chance. There are lots of valuable resources to improve both your personal and professional life, so add this to your list of things to do!


....Informative blog entry-DONE. One more item I can cross off my list.

Blog written by: Karen Lang of BrightBlue Marketing, LLC

No comments: