Wednesday 5 August 2009

Let's dance!

I've had traditions on my mind since seeing the youtube sensation of the young couple and their wedding party dancing down the aisle. Haven't seen it? Check it out here. I watched it over and over and over and it just keeps getting better. You can tell that, when the music started and the dancing began, the congregation was shocked. But then everyone is smiling, laughing, clapping and cheering as the wedding party dances down the aisle in pairs or singles. By the time it's the bride's turn, I wondered why on earth no one has ever thought of this before. Or, if they had thought of it, why didn't someone do it before?

Most of our American wedding traditions come from Albert and Victoria's wedding in England's Victorian era. It was 1840, y'all, and when I got married in 1994, I'll bet it still looked pretty dang similar. But you know what? Your business isn't like anyone else's any more than your wedding or your spouse or worldview or fingerprints. The same old-same old is TIRED. Dance down that aisle. And BrightBlue Marketing? We'll be dancing right there beside you. Let's make new traditions, starting now.

No comments: